Wedding is a once in a lifetime moment. Every couple who enter the wedded bliss wants to make it as memorable as possible. From arranging the venue to its decoration and food, couples look for perfection in every aspect.
While planning for a wedding reception, it is always advisable to start well ahead of time. This way, you will not miss out on important things. Here are some points to consider to make your wedding reception as memorable as possible.
- Budget: The first consideration should be your budget. This would decide whether you want to conduct a destination wedding or a simple event. You can discuss with your partner about his/her requirements and then come up with a budget.
- Decide on the guest: Depending on the budget, you can decide the number of guests that will be attending your wedding. The rest of the planning would depend on this. If you are planning to invite more people, then you can conduct the wedding in wedding venues as it can accommodate more space. In the case of a destination wedding, it is best to limit the guests as the cost can be slightly on the higher side.
- Pick the right venue: Once the wedding date has been fixed, you should start searching for a venue without delay. For a more formal wedding reception, you can choose banquet halls or event halls in Dubai. For an informal and fun setting, beach resorts should be the right choice. Where ever you select the venue, make sure that it is easily accessible for the guests.
- Make arrangements for decoration: Once the venue has been selected, you should do a detailed study of the place. Most of the wedding halls will have a niche or decorative element that can be highlighted while decorating the place. If it is an outdoor venue, then you can look for ways to arrange the flowers. You can also take a wedding planner along with you to study the place.
If the venue has a long entryway, remember to consider that space as well for decoration. Special attention should be provided even to minute details like the table runner, place cards, cocktail napkins, and favors for the guest.
- Decide on the caterer: Depending on the crowd and your budget, you can get quotes from different caterers. Caterers will generally have different sets of menus at different prices. If you are inviting a small crowd, then you can discuss with your guests about their dietary requirements and arrange the food accordingly. This may not be possible in case of a large gathering. In such a situation, you can go for the food preference of the majority of the people.
Another thing to decide is whether to go for a buffet, seated arrangement, or food station. You can discuss with the caterers as to what they can offer.
- Arrange for photography: You do not want to miss even the minute details of the wedding! To capture your precious moments and to make it as memorable as possible, you should hire a professional photographer who has experience taking wedding photographs. This way you can ensure that you get the best pictures of this special day.
Tips for Planning a wedding reception
- Depending on whether you want to conduct the reception in wedding venues in Dubai or wedding halls in Sharjah, you should book the venue at least six months ahead of time.
- Florists should be finalized at least two months ahead of the wedding date.
- If you are conducting a destination wedding, then you should invite the guests and block their dates well ahead of time so that they do not miss out on your important day.
- If you are planning an outdoor wedding, then you should arrange for backup like a tent, in case rain plays the spoilsport.
There is no shortcut to a memorable wedding reception other than planning ahead of time. This will ensure that you do not miss out on even the minute details, and your guests get to enjoy the day to the fullest.